Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendo in (Southern) NJ

Hi,

I was hoping that someone might be able to lend me a hand in finding a dojo to learn Kendo around the Cherry Hill, NJ (right outside Philadelphia) area. I had looked online (and in these forums) and the only 2 places I found were:

-TAN SHIN KAI (about an hour away)
    - Princeton Kendo Club (slightly less than an hour away)

If someone knows of any other schools that may not be listed or that I have overlooked please let me know. Thank you for your help.

Originally posted by slvravn View Post
    Hi,

I was hoping that someone might be able to lend me a hand in finding a dojo to learn Kendo around the Cherry Hill, NJ (right outside Philadelphia) area. I had looked online (and in these forums) and the only 2 places I found were:

-TAN SHIN KAI (about an hour away)
    - Princeton Kendo Club (slightly less than an hour away)

If someone knows of any other schools that may not be listed or that I have overlooked please let me know. Thank you for your help.
    Hi there.

I've practiced at both clubs and you'll get good instruction at both. I practice at Ken Wa Kan in West Chester, PA and a few of us go to visit the Princeton Kendo Club periodically and Yang Sensei is good friends with my sensei. My suggestion to you is to go visit both (email them ahead of time and ask if you could visit) and go to the one that you feel most comfortable with. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Working...
    X