Totally sweet

That is all.

Comment

Real fun to watch. :-)

Comment

Wow!!!!!!!

Comment

indeedy good watching
              what would have been better was if he'd used a traditional korean bow instead of a modern thingy with sights and stabilisers and such

Comment

If there's one thing Koreans are good at, it's archery. One woman broke the camera lens at the very center of the bullseye once. I tried archery once, I missed the entire board 6 out of 10 times.

Comment

ach thats nothing, i can miss it all ten times without trying...on a good day.
                  im currently working on chipping away the wood surrounding the target so i can then chip away the rest of the target eventually leaving only the gold to hit...geniousness eh

Comment

First gate is in the on position

I'm wondering what in the heck those arrows are?
                    They look super high tech, and judging by the vid when one went straight into the shaft of the other, they must be hollow?

Geez..Archery has come a long way since my fiberglass longbow....
                    Good stuff!

Comment

I once managed to miss the target, hit the stand and get showered with little pieces of the arrow shaft... Not satisfied with the outstanding performance, I then proceeded to duplicate this example of awesomeness twice during a half hour session. I was banned from the archery grounds because people were laughing so hard, they couldn't concentrate during practice...

Comment

I like the japanese field archery-- where they are several hundred yards from the target....and its a outstanding celebration if ANYONE hits the target.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenzan View Post
                          I'm wondering what in the heck those arrows are?
                          They look super high tech, and judging by the vid when one went straight into the shaft of the other, they must be hollow?

Geez..Archery has come a long way since my fiberglass longbow....
                          Good stuff!
                          High-tech arrows nowadays are made of carbon fiber composites.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                            I like the japanese field archery-- where they are several hundred yards from the target....and its a outstanding celebration if ANYONE hits the target.
                            When I was a little kid living in Korea, there was a group of elderly gentlemen who practiced this type of archery in Nam San (the mountain in center of Seoul). They'd be on a slope on one side of a valley, and shoot at targets on the opposing slope, probably about 2-300 yards away. And they'd nail them, too. To a little boy, it was simply wonderful to watch. They'd go through little rituals, get ready, etc... They were using traditional equipment. And watching the arrows fly through the air in an incredibly graceful arc - that was thrilling, trying to imagine thousands of soliders firing off at once like that, with a hail of arrows coming down on the opposing force.

Comment

Interesting video. My father and I did archery pretty much every weekend in the winter when I was growing up. We used mostly compound bows, but had some plain recurve bows as well. The bow the guy at the end of the video is a pretty high-tech recurve bow. He's using a lot of weight in stabilizers to keep the bow balanced and centered when he draws.
                              We used to shoot target, and getting a "robin hood" was not completely unheard of for the people who can put arrows into a small group. My father's done it several times (unintentionally) in fact. It's cool to see, but the worst thing about it is it ruins two expensive arrows each time you do it.
                              I think in the video, they were trying for the robin hood, so the "receiving" arrow seemed different than the one he shot. Perhaps a bit bigger than standard so that the shot arrow would disappear inside completely. With standard arrows, it splits the receiving arrow wide open at least half the length of the arrow.
                              I showed my father that video, he thought it was pretty impressive to be able to shoot that way on purpose - all his RH's were by accident.

Comment

Working...
                              X